Health Assistant (KP)- Mashava
- Post Date:January 14, 2023
- Views 523
- Career Level AssistantQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
With over 20 years of experience, Population Solutions for Health (formerly PSI/Zimbabwe) is looking for candidates who hold the requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the exciting position of Health Assistant (KP)- Mashava *1 (Part Time)
Contractor will serve on a part time basis as a Health Assistant (KP) and will report directly to the respective ICT Cluster Nurse-in-Charge.
Your Contribution – Key Responsibilities.
- Reaches key populations working outside PSH’s partner KP organizations sphere of influence and facilitate service delivery in spaces preferred by clients.
- Offers HIV self-test kits and provide testing assistance when requested by clients and facilitate confirmatory HIV testing by a clinician.
- Elicits and track for biological and sexual contacts of all index cases, facilitate HIV self and confirmatory testing.
- Links clients appropriately to ART, PrEP, STI’s and TB screening.
- Links clients to layered services such as sexual and reproductive health (SRH), voluntary medical male circumcision, DREAMS for young women who sell sex and other services and psycho-social support.
- Facilitates reminders to clinical review appointments and facilitates ART and PrEP supplies refill considering the clients preferred models of supply.
- Supports retention in HIV care of clients who have been successfully linked to clinical services through case management and following up a cohort of assigned clients.
- Generates demand for viral load testing from the clients in the cohort being supported.
- Promotes and distributes condoms, lubricants and IEC materials.
- Provides direct psycho-social support including in managing intimate partner violence (IPV) or link to community support activities.
- Enters confidential client data in DHIS2 and assist ICT team to generate qualitative data.
What are we looking for?
- Should have at least reached Ordinary Level.
- Possession of a certificate, diploma or undergraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Have at least two years’ experience working with key populations and in the HIV sector.
- Ability to read, write, and present educational material in local languages and English.
- Technologically sound with understanding of android-based applications such as social media and data tablets.
- Experience in marketing and behavioral change communications is an added advantage.
- Members of the key populations’ community have an added advantage.
- Ability to work comfortably and confidently with diverse target populations with sensitivity to religious, cultural issues and/or relevant life experience with substance abuse, HIV, PrEP/PEP, STI’s, key populations.
- Mature, non-discriminating and non-judgmental.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment and work schedules.
How to apply?
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
- Step 1: Click Here to complete the Application for the position of Health Assistant (KP) position.
- Step 2: Send your updated CVs to [email protected]
All Applications should be shared not later than January 15, 2023.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience.