Health Field Facilitator
- Post Date:January 14, 2023
- Views 1121
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Matobo, Zimbabwe
Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Job Requisition ID: R15715
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To facilitate planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sustainable development, Health and Nutrition programming within the Area Program in collaboration with all partners and stakeholders
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strengthen planning and implementation of development interventions & Health and Nutrition interventions for sustained well-being of vulnerable children.
- To provide technical and administrative support in the implementation of the programme through dissemination & involving all relevant stakeholders and leaders.
- Analyze epidemiological trends and patterns and engage in follow-up on design of cost-effective interventions for the betterment of community’s health
- Facilitating and enhancing the implementation of Health and Nutrition projects by the Ministry of Health and relevant stakeholders.
- Executing Health activities using the recommended project models and delivery modes.
- Facilitating and enhancing the implementation of WASH projects by the Ministry of Health and DDF.
- Leading in the assessments and baseline surveys for health and nutrition in the AP.
- Facilitate the organization and coordination of meetings and workshops with community and other stakeholders.
- Participate in events that promote child health and maternal health.
- Support & participate in monthly VHW and ward health committee meetings at clinic levels at least once per quarter per clinic.
- Building relationships, broker and facilitator within HH/Villages communities & local partners
- Build strong and diverse relationships within HHs/village communities, partner communities, actively learning and understanding their realities.
- Facilitate HHs/community organization to network and connect with relevant stakeholders and partner in an integrated and efficient manner.
- Build community & Partners capacity
- Facilitate partnering/ networking with and connections among different local stakeholders (formal and informal community groups, businesses, NGOs and local government agencies.
- Raise awareness of local partners and community in assigned commune on World Vision’s Christian identity and values, child focused and community based development approach
- Facilitate capacity building for communities and local partners in AP planning and annual community review; and planning and for communities and local partners in MVC mapping.
- Facilitate the process of MVC mapping and updates
- Facilitate annual program effectiveness/ PAF self-review and community based groups self-review.
- Facilitate communities and partners to participate in the baseline survey and evaluation in assigned communities.
- Program planning and implementation
- Document and compile project progress reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Mainstream disability, Advocacy, DRR, Faith & Development accountability including child and adult safeguarding in all project activities.
- Document best practices and advocate for the replication of technical project models to larger scale
- Monitor and report (ITT and narrative) on the progress of Technical Projects (monthly, semi-annually, annually Document best practices, lessons learnt and Most Significant Change stories of MVC and their families.
KNOWLEDGE/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, & Environmental Health.
- Solid understanding on design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work; including child protection, nutrition /health, livelihoods, resilience, advocacy, cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender, environment, disability, child participation and accountability).
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions(e.g. Facilitate monitoring processes with partners and community and interpret monitoring data).
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups.
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Ability to interpret and present information with influence and to produce quality reports.
- Strong communication skills, including across cultures.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license, defensive driving certificate and valid eye test report are a requirement.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills in English
- Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting done on a rolling basis.