Innovation Lead (Arts & Creative Industries)
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 577
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
The Midlands State University Research and Innovation Office is dedicated to support students and staff research and innovation endeavours. As a result, the University is seeking highly qualified, knowledgeable, experienced, and committed individuals to assist in research support, intellectual property management services, technology transfer, and business development. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of INNOVATION LEAD (ARTS & CREATIVE INDUSTRIES) in THE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION OFFICE.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Humanities or Film and Theatre.
- A Master’s degree in Arts, Humanities or Film and Theatre.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in a research and development environment.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property (IP) issues is an added advantage.
- Possesses good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills at all levels within and outside the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for innovation in the Arts, Humanities and Film and Theatre.
- Promoting emerging arts and humanities innovations and a culture of disruptive innovation at MSU.
- Providing technical advice on product development and related research and development in Arts, Humanities and Film and Theatre.
- Engaging directly and proactively with academic departments, industry and community to identify MSU’s intellectual property (IP) with potential for commercial exploitation.
- Identifying appropriate routes to exploit MSU IPs in Arts, Humanities and Film and Theatre.
- Identifying potential industry partners for specific technology commercialisation opportunities;
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Innovation Manager.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: Application letter, certified copies of certificates, and Curriculum Vitae giving full details of names, place, and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s), and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
For the electronic version, please send to: [email protected]
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. The closing date for applications is Friday 08 April 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be communicated to.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.