- Post Date:February 8, 2023
- Views 600
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a leading Zimbabwean-based private equity/investment holding firm, for an appropriately-qualified individual to join the investment team as an Analyst. The successful Analyst will work closely with the senior investment professionals and provide support in investment analysis, research, investment process management, transaction structuring, deal execution and portfolio management.
- Supporting investment sourcing, evaluation and portfolio monitoring by reviewing inbound investment materials and assessing performance of specific companies;
- Creating and executing financial analysis in support of the investment process by developing flexible financial models, financial forecasting, analysis and multiple valuation methods;
- Developing, conducting and coordinating financial analysis, reports and presentations to facilitate making important business decisions;
- Providing financial and business due diligence support;
- Structuring and conducting research on a wide range of geographies, industries, companies and macroeconomic trends;
- Maintaining certain performance tracking metrics; and
- Actively participating in Portfolio Company monitoring and reporting, including assisting management in developing annual budgets, tracking monthly performance and preparing monthly transaction reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have an undergraduate degree (2.1 class or higher) from a leading university with a strong academic record.
- Be a recently-qualified Chartered Accountant who passed both sets of Final Qualifying Examinations in the last 3 years and completed articles of clerkship with a leading accounting firm or have passed CFA Level 1, with at least three years’ experience working in an investments’ role.
Candidates with the following characteristics are highly preferred:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid financial accounting experience;
- Above-average quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Quantitative modelling experience;
- An understanding of and ability to apply complex financial concepts, valuations and accounting;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- An ability to meet challenging deadlines while maintaining quality and accuracy; and
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Interested individuals must email their applications and CVs to [email protected] with the subject line: “Investment Analyst 2023”.
Applications received after 10 February 2023 will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.