- Post Date:January 14, 2023
- Views 394
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Insurance
Our client in the Insurance industry seeks to fill the position of LEGAL ADVISOR with a suitably qualified person.
Reporting to the Deputy Company Secretary, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Providing legal advice to various departments and executives within the Group.
- Drafting, perusing and approving all legal agreements, undertakings or contracts which are to be concluded between the business units and third party(s).
- Convening and attending quarterly Committee and Board meetings
- Taking minutes during Committee and Board meetings.
- Sending minutes to executive directors for review and approval before tabling the minutes to the members for confirmation and signing off by the chairman.
- Maintaining company records such as minutes, annual returns, share register and licences.
- Monitoring litigation by maintaining contact with external advisers and potential litigation situations by communicating with all business units and through attendance of management committee meetings.
- Assisting in the prosecution of criminal claims or actions between the State and the suspect, where the suspect is an employee within the Group for misconduct cases committed against Group companies or fellow employees at work.
- Providing feedback to management regarding the outcome of the hearing and recommends appropriate action.
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor of Law or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
- Extensive experience working with financial services legislation.
- A broad understanding of the financial services industry.
- Ability to document formal correspondence.
Closing date is 16 January 2023