- Post Date:February 8, 2023
- Views 652
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of LEGAL OFFICER.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position exists to provide legal research and advice, interpretation of legislation, drafting and review of Contracts/Service Level Agreements; to lead in the amendment of existing legislation in line with the needs of the organization and to address challenges met by operatives in applying existing legislation. The incumbent reports to the Legal Manager.
- Preparing and reviewing draft legal contracts, deeds, leases, and other documents.
- Reviewing and formulating legal policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Reviewing recent legislation, court cases, correspondence and publications pointing out matters of note or which necessitate management action.
- Providing legal advice and ensure compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of all legal matters with up-to-date progress .
- Attending court and relevant registries as and when required to.
- Liaising with other departments in managing legal matters.
- Following up on and assisting in the processing of payments due to external counsel.
- Maintaining legal office registry.
- Assisting in the training of other departments.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree from a recognized institution.
- A registered legal practitioner
- A minimum of three years working in a commercial environment,
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of legal drafting and high analytical skills,
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
Application letters with detailed resumes, certified copies of academic certificates with three traceable referees should be submitted not later than 10 February 2023 at 4.30pm to:
The Director Administration & Human Resources
489 Runville, Glenroy Crescent
or via email to: [email protected]
Applicants can also lodge their application letters at the nearest ZINARA Provincial Office.