Local Logistics Coordinator
- Post Date:March 31, 2022
- Views 655
- Career Level CoordinatorQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Req ID: 3246
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Department/Location: Global Health, Education and Economic (GHEE) Practice/ Zimbabwe (district(s) to be confirmed)
Technical Point of Contact: Senior Advisor, GHEE
IBTCI seeks a qualified candidate to be a Local Logistics Coordinator for the USAID/Zimbabwe tuberculosis (TB) Performance Evaluation, as part of the Monitoring and Evaluation to Collaborate, Learn, Adapt, and Knowledge Management Activity (MECLAK) Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Contract. The purpose of the USAID Performance evaluation is to understand the impact of USAID support to Zimbabwe’s National Tuberculosis Program (NTP).
The Local Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for preparations in advance of research associate training and primary data collection. The respective data collection training will likely take place April 25th – April 27th (dates to be confirmed). Field data collection by a group of Research Assistants will be rolled out immediately after the training. Primary data collection is anticipated to take approximately three weeks.
Using your logistics coordination and administrative management skills, the Consultant would support logistics and procurement-related tasks. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Organize and support booking/overall logistics coordination of accommodations and refreshments needed for training and other purposes
- Coordinate all aspects of field travel for staff and consultants as needed and serve as the main point of contract for logistics in Zimbabwe
- Research local vendors to procure IT equipment needed for data collection
- Prepare and evaluate technical specifications to support of procurement of IT equipment and support installation of IT systems as needed
- Assist with the procurement of local IT equipment
- Any other duties as assigned
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in making logistics arrangements, procurement of IT products, and completing administrative tasks conducted by international donor agencies;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required, including MS Excel;
- Relevant social and cultural knowledge of Zimbabwe;
- Proven organizational skills and strict attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to work with a virtual team required;
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and to work well under limited supervision; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, logistics, or related field required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience and/or familiarity with international development preferred
- Past experience and demonstrated success in working with a cross-cultural teams of researchers in the field is preferred
- Logistical expertise in the field of public health and/or research
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel within Zimbabwe might be required.
About the Organization: IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply via the APPLY NOW tab or HERE).