Locum Emergency Medical Technician
- Post Date:May 23, 2023
- Views 863
- Career Level TechnicianQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Group wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified & experienced individuals to fill in the Locum Emergency Medical Technician role that has arisen in our organisation.
- Ensures equipment availability and serviceability prior and after patient evacuation and during change of each shift (including cleaning of the equipment).
- Reports and follows up on all medical equipment left on the patient on each change of shift.
- Interfaces with clients requesting specific emergency evacuation services and refers all critically ill and out of Harare patient evacuation requests to the Team Leader Operations and Training for further processing.
- Adheres to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards.
- Attends to injuries or sudden illness on scene by applying a variety of pre-hospital basic treatment (First Aid, CPR and oxygen administration).
- Ensures complete documentation of the patient report, call sheet and financial documents that include claim form, acknowledgement of debt form and receipt.
- Assumes crew leader responsibility as the highest qualified member on the mission.
- Presents daily reports on calls during daily morning briefs.
- Oversees Ambulance Technician’s patient management during multiple casualty calls.
- Ensures safe keeping of any money collected during a call and adheres to banking procedures.
- Emergency Medical Technician certificate
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License
- 2-4 Years’ experience in Emergency Medical Services
- Valid Practising Certificate with Allied Health Professions Council
- Knowledge of Basic First Aid and Basic Life Support
If you are interested and you meet the stipulated requirements, please submit your letter of motivation and CV to this email [email protected] no later than Thursday 25th of May 2023. Clearly highlight the position applied for in the email subject.