- Post Date:December 15, 2022
- Views 614
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
This senior position requires knowledge, skill, and industry experience. It is very hands-on and practical, mechanical experience and theoretical knowledge are very important. In-depth knowledge of lubricants, formulations, specifications, and their application is essential, as is the knowledge of the Mining, Construction, Transport, and Power Generation industries, their processes, and equipment.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Application of highly specialized industry knowledge at a professional! level.
- In-field technical services aligned with key segment focus in Industrial Sectors.
- Participating in key industry associations. Representing Caltex Braford Lubricants at industry associations and other related forums.
- Working across channels and customers. Coordinating between Technology, Marketing, Sales, and Customers around product specifications, quality, and integrity issues.
- Ensuring continuous improvement at customer sites. Managing, identifying, introducing, implementing, documenting, and presenting customer value opportunities.
- Leveraging industry knowledge and knowledge of product capabilities to identify and pursue the highest value opportunities.
- Improving customers’ total cost of ownership and equipment availability.
- Conducting best-in-class survey, and lubricant surveys, and introducing new products & technologies.
- Managing extended drain projects, product trials, Isoclean projects, and Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Identifying up-sell and value-based selling opportunities.
- Developing proof of performance marketing documents.
- Developing and managing product line strategy.
- Identifying, developing, and introducing fit-for-purpose sales tools.
- Managing and delivering internal and external lubricant and industry trainings. Developing technical competency of both Internal Sales Teams and Retailers.
- Managing individual account technical strategies planning and development of customer engagement plan to achieve sales volume targets.
- Signing off all marketing communications and documents — technical aspects.
- Joint responsibility for achieving combined business unit sales objectives.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma plus 3-year Mechanical Trade qualification.
- The following qualifications / accreditations will be an added advantage
- CLS (Certified Lubrication Specialist)
- Completed 5-day SAIT “Introduction to Lubrication Engineering” or similar
- Completed Wear check Fundamentals of Lubrication and oil analysis two-day course and Report Interpretation one-day course or similar.
To apply, email your detailed CV to [email protected] by Friday the 16th December 2022