- Post Date:December 6, 2022
- Views 280
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
Business: Milling Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are looking to hire a hard-working and skilled fitter to fabricate, fit, and assemble the structural components of various mechanical systems. The fitter’s responsibilities include keeping accurate records of all maintenance work done, repairing malfunctioning mechanical systems, and evening out any rough spots on the fabricated components using grinders, hand files, and scrapers.
- Machine fitting.
- Creating a suitable maintenance schedule and performing system maintenance accordingly.
- Using welding equipment to fuse structural components.
- Inspecting fabricated components to ensure that they are the correct size.
- Conducting diagnostic testing on malfunctioning systems to determine the root cause of the malfunction.
- Replacing damaged or defective structural components as needed.
- Adhering to all work-site safety rules and regulations.
- Journeyman Class 1 in Machine Fitting or equivalent.
- Appropriate state certification.
- Proven experience working as a fitter.
- The ability to use hand and power tools.
- The ability to interpret blueprints for mechanical systems.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional welding and mechanical skills.
How to apply
Send your applications to [email protected] not later than 09 December 2022.