- Post Date:November 30, 2022
- Views 277
- Career Level DirectorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Insurance
Our client based in Malawi, operating within the insurance industry are looking to recruit a Managing Director from Zimbabwe to join their team.
The ideal candidate must have the capacity to execute the key responsibilities that follow and meet the criteria listed within the minimum requirements below.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of the company and its operations at a strategic and tactical level to ensure profitable growth, increased sales and to improve and protect the market position in the insurance industry.
- Managing the internal operational activities of the business based on the strategy approved by the MD , Chairman and Board of Directors. Then establish policies, goals and objectives in order to execute the strategy.
- Ensure that superior controls and systems are in place that will effectively support the growth of the business in order to achieve adequate financial strength, operational efficiency and increase the reputation of the brand.
- Supported by a substantive and dedicated executive and management team, across all professional functions, to provide clear and sound leadership direction through visionary policies and procedures.
- Develop an adequate risk management policy, which allows continuity of operations and protects investments
- Direct the development of the finance strategy and direction in order to focus commercial decisions and resources towards achieving key financial objectives
- Ensure active and high standard of value added and Central Finance support commensurate with business requirements and functional needs
- Direct the development of financial business plans in terms of revenue, cost, resource levels and priorities in association with management teams and ensure these are incorporated on time into the annual budget and other planning processes.
- To recruit, develop and maintain high quality staff to ensure an on-going efficient operation
- To manage and develop excellent relations with internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Challenge all functions regarding allocation of financial resources in the most efficient and effective manner possible by applying continuous cost-control mechanisms.
- Effective business strategy which recognizes market dynamics and supports the Group strategy and objectives
- Ability to lead an innovation agenda through research and development both in terms of products and delivery channels;
- A dynamic and strategic thinker who can diversify the business touch points through regional expansion, leveraging off the existing regional footprint.
- A self – driven, performance-oriented individual that can re – vamp the culture and work ethic.
- Active participation in developing Business Strategies, decision making forums and with regard to key business issues
- Ensuring accurate, timely and reliable reporting of actual and forecast financial information
- Robust Staff development and succession plans
- Maintain and enhance Corporate Governance and Control Environment
- Flexible and able to multi-task; and ability to work within an ambiguous fast moving environment
- Ability to develop new business and penetrate new markets
- University degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Business, Finance, Accounting
- A Masters’ Degree and (or) have equivalent business experience.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications are a must.
- Not less than 10 years Insurance / Financial Services industry experience in an Executive role.
- Business understanding and awareness of all other functions
- Well-developed leadership and multicultural skills are essential as well as the ability to change and shape the organisation in achieving set goals.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must have a commercial flair and proven ability to develop new business and penetrate new markets
- Must be an ethical individual with solid managerial and strategic administrative abilities to enhance the fortunes and future expansion plans of the business.
- Proven engager who can enhance business relationships with clients and other key stakeholders within the industry.
If you qualify kindly email your CV in plain word document format : [email protected]