- Post Date:June 28, 2023
- Views 1112
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Banking
National Building Society Limited aspires to be the preferred provider of affordable housing and financial services by 2030 by providing inclusive and affordable housing and financial solutions for individuals and institutions in both the public and private sector.
The Society is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Managing Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors through its Chairperson, the MD will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the Society’s business strategies and creating shareholder value. In addition to making day-to-day management decisions, the incumbent will also be responsible for effectively engaging all stakeholders including Shareholders, Government and Regulatory Authorities, Employees and Customers.
Key Performance Areas
- Leads the development and implementation of the Society’s strategy to achieve the brand vision and maximise shareholder value.
- Leads the development and implementation of annual business plans with the objective of profitably delivering on the mission statement and preserving value.
- Ensures that the business is appropriately organized and staffed to achieve its vision and strategy.
- Assesses the principal risks of the business and ensures that these are monitored and managed.
- Ensures that effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
- Ensures that the institution conducts all its business activities lawfully and ethically.
- Ensures that NBS maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business.
- Keeps abreast of all material undertakings of the institution and makes good investment decisions.
- Keeps abreast of the markets and industry trends and external factors affecting the business and ensures that processes and systems are in place to understand and manage these.
- Reviews and reports to the Board quarterly and annually, the performance levels against the agreed business plan, budget and other KPIs and benchmarks
- Encourages employee engagement and motivation.
- Leads by example and encourages employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the institution’s standards and policies.
- Builds trusting relations with key partners and stakeholders.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- The successful candidate must possess a demonstrable entrepreneurial business acumen and experience in developing, planning and implementing successful strategies.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to build and motivate a high performing managerial team.
- At least 5 years of executive leadership experience in Mortgages, Banking and/or Property Development
- A Masters’ degree in business or strategy from a reputable accredited institution
- Familiarity with various business functions such as finance, e-commerce, sales, credit, marketing, HR
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance, project management, risk, compliance and procurement
- A working knowledge of the Public Entities Corporate Governance Act will be an added advantage.
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving orientation
If you are suitably qualified and interested, please Email your application and CV to [email protected] closing date for submissions is 30 June 2023.
If you do not receive a response within a month, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.