Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Post Date:December 13, 2022
- Views 582
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Group wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified & experienced individuals to fill in the Medical Laboratory Scientist role that has arisen in our organisation.
- Collects patient specimens which include blood, non-blood specimens and some specialized procedures performed at point of contact with patients as and when necessary
- Registers patient information in LIS as needed.
- Prepares and checks for adequacy and quality of specimens submitted for testing.
- Performs on – job training to Laboratory Technicians, Graduate Interns and Students on proper techniques/procedures related to clinical laboratory practice as needed.
- Reviews daily raw data, equipment flags, and other appropriate testing parameters prior to reporting results to evaluate test or instrument performance.
- Facilitates the ongoing and after service validation and verification of Laboratory equipment/ machines to ensure technical performance of the same.
- Verifies that the proper specimen being analysed is for the correct patient and that the correct test is being performed by matching the electronic test request forms to the patient specimen.
- Runs prescribed routine and high complexity assays on manual and on automated platforms in line with Standard Operating Procedures and adhering to quality control to include IQC and proficiency testing.
- Follows established safety practices including handling biohazard material, exposure control plan e.g. (blood-borne pathogens), and infection control.
- Monitors tests quality, accuracy, timely testing, and release of results through tracking turnaround times, pending tests and updating daily worklists.
- Setting goals and work plans for quality management system and monitoring performance through management reviews, quality audits as per the quality manual.
- Monitors quality related occurrences, immediate action taken, root cause analysis and corrective action implemented.
- Design and set departmental improvement projects for the departments.
- Coordinate enrolments participation and performance of external quality assurance programs by conforming internal testing processes and quality against other global laboratories.
- Reviews policies and standard operating procedures as part of document control committee.
- Training and promotion of awareness on quality requirements from ISO 15189 and accreditation requirements.
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Registered with the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientist Council of Zimbabwe.
- Valid Open Practising Certificate.
- Practising Laboratory Scientist with more than 3 years working experience.
- Knowledge of the ISO 15189 quality management system.
If you are interested and you meet the stipulated requirements, please submit your letter of motivation and CV to this email [email protected] no later than Wednesday the 14th of December 2022.
Clearly highlight the position applied for in the email subject.