Mobile Equipment Engineer
- Post Date:May 2, 2023
- Views 1235
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Mining
We are currently seeking for an assertive, self driven and confident team orientated, Mobile Equipment Engineer at Unki Mines -Zimbabwe, who will be responsible for providing operational service to the mine.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
People. Process. Performance.
You’ll keep sight of it all.
The Mobile Equipment Engineer is responsible for providing operational service to the Mine Manager, with a 1-2 year planning horizon. The role ensures effective and safe movement of men, ore and material in the decline shaft or haulage and the associated maintenance and construction linked to the Operational Area of responsibility. Your role will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with social performance requirements that include identifying and managing social and human rights impacts and risks associated with the department.
- Aligning with Site Managers and understand the arising issues from the fleet in terms of breakdowns.
- Ensuring critical interventions that need to be done on the equipment.
- Managing normal day to day plant maintenance that need to be done on equipment.
- Coordination of Contractors daily activities across operational area
- Being responsible for daily operational issues
- Being responsible for underground mobile machinery
- Providing technical advice to Foremen
- Ensuring safe and optimal and maintenance and operation of machinery and equipment to required standards.
- Allocation of resources within the section
- Setting daily, weekly and monthly technical targets
- Changing plans and schedules on the shift to minimize the effect of unexpected problems.
- Overseeing section maintenance
- Stopping the operation if the work conditions are unsafe.
- Ensuring that the mining process remains fully operational.
- Ensuring availability of machinery to required level.
This role is in the Engineering Department at a Band 6 reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Degree in electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering (any related engineering degree).
- 10 years post university experience or Apprentice trained DPF/mechanical technician with more than 15 years’ experience.
- Underground Mechanized Mining experience (added advantage)
- Experience working with underground trackless mobile equipment.
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environment systems
- Medical certificate of fitness
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an
inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form HERE. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 04 May 2023