- Post Date:June 28, 2023
- Views 1088
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A leading network of non-governmental organizations that work to promote peace, justice, and human rights in Zimbabwe is seeking to appoint a National Director who is a visionary with exceptional leadership skills to drive the network’s mission forward.
Reporting to the Board, the National Director will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, steering the overall direction of the programme activities, overseeing resource mobilisation, human resources and financial management, forging strategic partnerships and engaging funding partners.
- Working with the Board to develop a vision and strategic plan, acting on any internal or external issues that affect the network, acting as professional advisor on all aspects of the network, and representing the network at key functions and activities.
- Providing leadership, direction, and support to their team in an environment that fosters collaboration, innovation and success and that ensures that staff is motivated, engaged, and working together effectively to achieve the organization’s goals.
Operational Planning and Management:
- Developing an operational plan that aligns with the network’s strategic goals and ensures that the network meets the expectations of stakeholders, the Board, and development partners.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the network.
- Drafting and reviewing policies to ensure that these are up to date, relevant and approved by the Board.
- Ensuring that all institutional information and data is securely stored and kept confidential.
Programme Planning and Management:
- Overseeing the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the network’s programmes and services, ensuring that they align with the network’s mission and reflect the priorities of the
network partners. Monitoring the day-to-day delivery of the programmes and services to maintain or improve quality.
- Overseeing the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of all projects.
Human Resources Planning and Management:
- Determining staffing requirements and oversee the implementation of human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensuring that the institution provides a positive, healthy, and safe work environment in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Ensuring that the institution attracts, develops, and retains a talented and diverse workforce that is committed to the network’s mission and goals.
- Providing staff with an orientation to the network and appropriate training, implements a performance management process that includes ongoing monitoring and annual reviews, coaches and mentors staff to improve performance, and disciplines and releases staff when necessary, using appropriate techniques and legally plausible procedures.
Financial Planning and Management:
- Working with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget and secure adequate funding for the network.
- Research funding sources, oversees the development of fundraising plans, and writes funding proposals to increase the organisation’s funds.
- Participate in fundraising activities as appropriate and approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
- Ensures sound accounting procedures are followed and administers the funds of the network according to the approved budget while monitoring cash flow.
- Provides the Board with regular reports ensure that the organization complies with all statutory and funding partner requirements.
- Identifying and evaluating the risks to the institution’s people, property, finances, goodwill, and image and implementing measures to control risks.
- University degree in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Extensive experience in NGO work in Zimbabwe
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non profit/voluntary organizations.
- Knowledge of all applicable legislation applicable including employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, taxation, health coverage, etc.
- Knowledge of current national challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Knowledge of human resources management; financial management, project management and proficiency in the use if AI and technological tools.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile, and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Think Strategically: Assess options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the visions and values of the organisation.
How to Apply
If interested send your CV, motivation letter and contact details of three contactable referees to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: 30 June 2023