Operations and Finance Officer
- Post Date:January 11, 2022
- Views 1303
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The R.O.O.M programme aims to build a global movement of young artists, musicians, filmmakers, designers and other content creators who rethink and rebuild the space for free expression in the 21st century. To achieve these objectives, the programme provides grants to collectives and hubs of content creators who challenge norms in their society. The programme implements effective professional skills development trainings for artists and content creators and provide means for experimentation. The programme aims to strengthen inter-regional and global cooperation through joined linking and learning activities such as African Crossroads. The programme is active on the African continent and specifically in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi and Egypt. If you want to know more about the program, please go to our website
Hivos is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Operational and Finance Officer Southern Africa.
The officer is responsible for the finance and administration and will assist the project manager in the implementation of the Southern Africa regional component of the ‘Resource of Open Minds’ (R.O.O.M) programme. This includes maintaining oversight of financial and contractual compliance of a portfolio of grants, monitor and evaluate financial performance, compliance and risks of grantees. Tasks include ensuring that amongst others: payments are processed timely and correctly, ensure monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual budget comparisons are prepared and variance analysis reports provided. The Operational and Finance officer will do financial and operational capacity building of partners and will be responsible for all programme administration and monitoring and evaluation.
- Overseeing finance and project administration of the ROOM programme in Southern Africa
- Maintaining oversight of financial and contractual compliance of a portfolio of grants
- Set up and implement the Monitoring, Evaluation and Finance systems for partners and provides reports on operational and financial progress of grantees.
- Monitors monthly project spending prepares monthly management accounts and ensure budget comparisons are prepared and variance analysis reports provided
- Financial and operational capacity building of partners and monitor and evaluate their financial performance and compliance. Involvement in budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure payments are processed timely and correctly
- Ensure grants are administered in the Hivos systems.
- Assesses audited financial statements of projects and programme partners.
- Approves audited financial statements and communicates with project/programme partners.
- Performs financial inspections of project partners as needed.
- Coordinates fulfillment of financial reporting obligations of projects
- Provide administrative support to programme activities.
- Document the highlights and agreements of key activities with partners and stakeholders
- Level of professional and analytical ability: A holder of ACCA and a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or other relevant degree.
- Affinity with finances and administration.
- Have experiences in dealing with administration such as bidding documents, contracts, invoices, etc.
- Practical knowledge spreadsheet and working Knowledge of an ERP environment.
- General Knowledge of ICT, MS Office.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting experience, preferable in an international or donor organization.
- Experience in administering large amounts of information and surveys.
- Ability to work in a financially complex international organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; good command of oral and written English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional discretion.
What we offer
Hivos offers a challenging position in an international environment.
The Regional office is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. This position will be based in Harare, Zimbabwe. Hivos welcomes International & Regional applicants but can only offer a position to only those with a valid work permit for Zimbabwe. Hivos can only offer employment on local terms and conditions.
How to apply
Please apply before January 14, 2022. If you meet the above mentioned qualifications (please look carefully), you can apply to this vacancy by filling in a digital application form and adding a cover letter explaining your motivation and your CV.
We particularly welcome applications from women and youth. Persons of all genders, races, sexes, orientations, ages, and identities are encouraged to apply.
Hivos is an international development organization guided by humanist values. Together with citizens and their organizations, we aim to contribute towards just, inclusive and life sustaining societies where people have equal access to opportunities, rights and resources. We work in partnership with others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Latin America on three impact areas: civic rights; gender equality, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice. Our approach is solution driven, and we build wider movements for change by amplifying and connecting voices.