- Post Date:June 13, 2023
- Views 805
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Construction
An exciting opportunity has arisen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals to fill in the position of Plumber. The incumbent shall be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in commercial structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Detects needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Maintains the inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Selects material and hardware and makes time and materials estimates.
- Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layouts for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids.
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation.
- Modifies the length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building.
- Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing.
- Tests plumbing systems for leaks and other problems.
- Analyses plumbing problems and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair.
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of the building.
The ideal person must possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 ‘O’ level subjects including English Language and Mathematics
- Class 1 or 2 Journeyman in Plumbing and pipe laying
- 2 years experience in a similar role.
Candidates who possess the qualifications and experience should send their detailed CVs to [email protected] no later than Thursday 15 June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.