- Post Date:November 9, 2022
- Views 221
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Job Identification: 6641
Locations: Harare, Zimbabwe
Apply Before: 11/12/2022, 06:59 AM
Job Schedule: Full time
Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area: Health
Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Education & Work Experience: Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 7 year(s) experience
Required Languages: English
Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
Mobility required/no mobility: no mobility required
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP has continued to partner with the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in responding to and accelerating progress towards ending the three epidemics. In Zimbabwe UNDP is the Principal Recipient (PR) of the New Funding Model (NFM3) for the HIV grant and is also providing Support Services (Fund Administration) to the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) as the continuing PR for the TB and Malaria grants. UNDP-GF partnership under the new funding cycle (2021-2023) aims to contribute towards the achievement of the vision and goals of Zimbabwe National HIV Strategic Plan for the period 2021-2025.
In fulfilling the continued role of Principal Recipient, UNDP ensures quality financial management, timely procurement of supplies, and efficient monitoring and service delivery. UNDP‘s management role consists of implementing grants, ensuring financial accountability, and training of national and international counterparts on program management and financial accountability.
For effective implementation of the Global Fund program, UNDP Zimbabwe has established a seasoned Program Management Unit (PMU) that coordinates the implementation of the grants and also provides general guidance of Global Fund and UNDP policies and procedures to all Sub Recipients participating in the implementation of the projects. The PMU is responsible for overall programme management, financial accountability, procurement of goods & services as well as Monitoring and Evaluation. The PMU is seeking to hire a Procurement Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures administration and implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies including elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system;
- Implements strategic procurement for GF, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management;
- Provides researched information for formulation and Implementation of contract strategy for GF including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment;
- Assists in the input of timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the different GF grants and establishment of their deadlines.
Organization of procurement processes focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepares procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring;
- Organizes procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Prepares purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas/Quantum, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas/Quantum. Buyers profile in Atlas;
- Reviews of procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Implements the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched;
- Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools:
- Develops and update the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation
Organization of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organizes travels, including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation, arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements;
- Timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.
Ensures Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement;
- Maintaining electronic and hard-copy files and records to ensure proper documentation;
- Maintaining up to date procurement tracking tool and report to PSM Manager as and when needed;
- Performs any other roles as may be prescribed by the supervisor and the PSM Manager.
Under the overall guidance of PSM Manager, the Procurement Associate is responsible for the day-to-day transactional procurement activities of the team. The Procurement Associate will work in a collaborative, client focused, quality and results-oriented manner in the team. The Procurement Associate works in close collaboration with the programme and other operations staff within the PMU of the Global Fund Unit and the Procurement Support Office in Copenhagen and HIST based in Geneva.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross Functional & Technical Competencies
Business Direction and Strategy: Negotiation and Influence
- Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain the advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiate mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and create ‘win-win’ situations
Business Development: Knowledge Facilitation
- Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
Business Management: Risk Management
- Ability to identify and organize action around mitigating and proactively managing risks
Business Management: Communication
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication. to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate
Procurement: Procurement Management
- The ability to acquire goods, services, or works from an outside external source
Procurement: Supplier / Relationship Management
- Knowledge of supplier management concepts, principles, and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
HIV, Health and Development: Access to treatment
- Knowledge of access to treatment policy and principles and strategic and/or practical situations for procurement of health commodities, particularly pharmaceuticals for communicable and non-communicable diseases
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of High School Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement, Economics, Public Administration or related field is desirable.
- Minimum 7 years (High School Education) or 4 years (Bachelor’s Degree) of demonstrable experience in procurement operations;
- Proven experience in the preparation or organization, management and compendium of technical files, terms of reference, bases and evaluation tables;
- Experience in procedures for the procurement of goods and contracting of services;
- Usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Experience in UN/UNDP or International Organizations on procurement policies and procedures highly desirable;
- Knowledge of health programmes procurement management based in the field will be an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing effective partnerships with stakeholders, including government, suppliers, private and public contractors, etc. is an asset;
- Previous experience in procurement for civil works/infrastructure projects will be an asset.
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills
- CIPS 2 Certification or equivalent, such as APICS, will be an asset.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.