- Post Date:July 11, 2023
- Views 867
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Health Care
Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities.
Title: Programme Intern
Location: Zimbabwe Country Office – Bulawayo
Contract: 6-month fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Job ID: 2023-1171
# of Openings: 1
The Programme Intern is responsible for supporting the Inclusive Eye Health (IEH) Project Officer to coordinate the IEH Project in Matabeleland North Province, Zimbabwe. The Programmes Intern will be based in Bulawayo and implementation of project activities will be happening in all 7 districts of Matabeleland North.
- Ensuring all logistics are in place for timely and efficient delivery of cataract surgeries in the seven districts of Matabeleland North Province.
- Support the preparation and roll out of project coordination meetings.
- Support the delivery of refraction activities in the 7 districts of Matabeleland North Province
- Produce internal narrative reports as requested by the IEH Project Officer
- With guidance from the IEH Project Officer ensure timely and accurate submission of all districts micro plans for 2020
- Support other key programme management work as directed by the IEH Project Officer and Senior Programme Officer.
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Skills and Experience
- Holds a social science degree or related field. Any qualification in public health will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in project management within a community development programme
- Knowledge in designing/managing health programmes at district or national levels using health systems approach will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in written and spoken Ndebele is desirable.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application HERE. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
Due to project deadlines, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible so applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.