- Post Date:December 12, 2023
- Views 20
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Deadline: 18 December 2023.
We are seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Project Accountant for the HIV care and treatment programs. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; epidemiology and strategic information strengthening, health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases.
The Project Accountant reports to the Finance Manager and has supervisory responsibility over aspects of financial recording, reporting and partner management. The incumbent provides timely, accurate and compliant financial reporting to support programs.
1. Financial Management and Reporting
- Provide oversight of daily fiscal processes.
- Review payment packages for budget availability and correct coding.
- Review and post transactions in the accounting system
- Ensure timely processing and disbursement of payments to suppliers.
- Timely preparation and submission of monthly invoices and projections report.
- Supervise work of Finance Assistant and recording and approving ledger transactions.
- Cash flow analysis and planning.
- Supervise work of Finance Assistants and recording and review ledger transactions
2. Budgeting and Budget Monitoring
- Develop and coordinate in the budget justifications and monitor utilization against strategic objectives and provide financial expertise.
- Provide real time data to allow for immediate budget monitoring.
3. Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Help in the creation, revision and implementation of policies and SOPs in the Finance Department.
- Offer compliance oversight for internal purchases as well as sub expenditures.
- Facilitate compliance to laws and regulations for the organisation.
- Support internal and external audit processes.
4. Sub-Award Management
- Review partner invoices and projections, provide feedback and forward to the next level for further review and approval.
- Provide technical guidance to partner finance teams.
- Review of partner budgets and proposals for accuracy, completeness, and clarity to ensure high quality of final submissions.
- General Year End Close support –support partners to close the books and complete their projections and invoicing timely.
- Review of internal controls, processes, and systems of partner organisations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Accounting Honours degree or equivalent degree from a reputable University.
- Member of a professional accounting board such as ACCA, ICAZ, CIMA, or CPA.
- Relevant Post Graduate degree (MSc/MBA) or equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role in an NGO setup.
- Experience in Financial Management of USG funds is an added advantage.
- Experience in budgeting, donor financial reporting, sub-awards management
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- MS Office Skills
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of relevant accounting software packages
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, National ID, and copies of certificates indicating the position applied for to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.