Public Relations Officer
- Post Date:March 30, 2022
- Views 380
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Local Government
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the post of Public Relations Officer:Grade 12 which has arisen in the Administration Department.
Reports to: Town Secretary
- A degree from a recognised University in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Media or equivalent is a must.
- A Post Graduate Qualification in Public Relations/Media is an added advantage.
- At least three years post qualification experience in Public Relations/Media and community engagement.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Proficient in use of cameras, audio and video recording devices.
- Membership of the recognised Media Board in Zimbabwe.
- No criminal record (A valid Police clearance must be attached).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handling all public relations activities and publicity campaigns in liaison with Heads of Departments.
- Promoting the good will and positive image of Council.
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conference and presentations.
- Managing the Council’s communications, risk and opportunities with different clients and stakeholders.
- Initiate and organize promotional events such as press conferences, open day exhibitions, tours and visits.
- Attending to complaints and queries as Council’s desk person and link with residents/ ratepayers, clients and stakeholders.
- Developing a media relations strategy.
- Designing, writing and producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, in-house journals, reports, publicity brochures and speeches.
- Arranging all consultative meetings and community engagement programmes
- Preparation of monthly and annual reports for the Secretary.
- Managing and updating Council website, face book and all social media platforms.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Good research skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication
- High level of creative energy and result oriented focus
- Ability to identify communication related risks and opportunity
- High level of computer proficiency and advanced web design skills
- Sound knowledge of social media platforms
- Monitory and updating website and social media platforms
- Featuring articles for the press and newsletters
- Oversees all publicity campaign for the Council
REMUNERATION: The council offers competitive remuneration commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience this however, will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed CVs with traceable contactable referees and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and should be addressed to
THE TOWN SECRETAY
CHIREDZI TOWN COUNCIL
P.O. BOX 128
THE TOWN SECRETARY
CHIREDZI TOWN COUNCIL – Head Office
69 INYATI DRIVE
Or email: [email protected]
Application to be submitted not later than the 30th of March 2022