Regional Director – Southern Africa
- Post Date:September 4, 2021
- Views 802
- Career Level DirectorQualification DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE International is a global force and a partner of choice within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights
The Regional Director for Southern Africa (SA) is responsible for:
- Providing leadership and high-level oversight of all key areas of regional and country office strategy and performance.
- The Regional Director serves on the International Programs and Operations (IPO) senior management team and the CUSA Global Management Team (GMT) and as such represents regional interests to CARE’s senior management through that and other fora.
- S/he will line manage CARE USA Country Directors and members of the Regional Management Unit.
- S/he is responsible for providing strategic and operational oversight and direction to countries and regional programs undertaking emergency response operations.
- S/he expected to drive and champion the implementation of the change, build a strong regional team, and ensure coordination and partnership with other CARE regions in Africa (Southern Africa and West Africa), to build a coherent approach of the organization on the continent.
The person should have:
- An advanced degree in social science or related international development field
- Over 15 years’ senior management position experience in the humanitarian, development, and NGO leadership (including 5 years’ experience in Southern Africa countries)
Get full information and apply online here
The position will be based anywhere in SA region countries (Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe). We do require that you have the legal ability to work in the respective country.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply.