Regional Finance & Accounting Manager- Southern Africa
- Post Date:November 29, 2022
- Views 251
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Chipper Cash is Africa’s modern mobile payments platform. We’re helping friends, families and loved ones stay connected and securely send money across Africa with incredible ease and peace of mind. Our cross-border payments infrastructure also helps merchants and businesses in Africa accept payments on the internet with no friction. Over 3 million users have joined so far and we’re growing very fast. We have raised a total of $152.2M from Jeff Bezos, Joe Montana and some of the most reputable fintech Venture Capital firms in the world to accelerate the growth of financial services within Africa.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide Finance and Accounting support to the company in the countries of operation in the Southern Africa region.
- General ledger posting of financial transactions/activities across the region.
- Producing timely and accurate financial statements and reports across the region.
- Assist in budget monitoring and tracking expenses in the region and controlling costs to maximize revenue.
- Working closely with the tax and accounting team to ensure tax compliance- filing tax returns, generating tax payment slips and ensuring taxes are paid on time (payroll taxes, withholding tax ,income taxes among other applicable taxes)
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations and providing reconciliation reports on the same.
- Cash flow management and ensuring optimal bank balances.
- Maintaining proper documentation of accounting records both in hard and soft copies
- Ensuring the proper supporting documents before payments are disbursed e.g invoices, requisitions, SLAs and compiling payables list and ensuring all payments are done on time across the region.
- Monthly payroll administration across the region i.e timely payroll preparation and ensuring all payroll taxes and deductions are filed and paid on time.
- Overseeing office administration roles
- Financial reporting to regulators as and when required.
- Supporting the liquidity team in funding the settlements accounts in a timely manner as well as understanding liquidity partnerships such as aggregators and banks and supporting the team accordingly.
- Managing and responding to issues with the relevant revenue authorities in the region.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounts
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- At least 6 years of experience in accounting and finance.
- Experience in the Fintech industry will be an added advantage
- Attention to details
- Self-driven & self-starter with a global mindset
- Finance & analytical skills
- In-depth knowledge of either SARs,ZIMRA and ZRA in regards to taxes obligations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.