Regional Finance Manager
- Post Date:January 5, 2022
- Views 591
- Offered Salary £40,000 - £48,000Career Level ManagerQualification Degree
- Experience 1-3 YearsIndustry Business
Our partner is a recognised organisation working to offer greater safety to people in conflict- affected communities, and the opportunity to rebuild their lives, livelihoods and futures in the aftermath of war. They are seeking a Finance Manager to oversee and maintain the integrity of their programmes in southern Africa.
- Lead on the financial planning for the programme; in the preparation of project-specific and programme-wide budgets; developing tools & processes for better budget management and reporting; financial monitoring and reviewing of grants; and managing financial risk in the programme.
- Support in creating the annual business plan.
- Provide financial oversight and support to all programme locations, covering accounting, financial management, cost allocation, payroll, grants compliance, monitoring and reporting, and supervising and reviewing work of the finance team, providing guidance as required.
- Ensure adequate banking and cash provisions are in place, and manage the cashflow requirements of the programme.
- Lead in the preparation of financial statements, donor reports, and in preparing for external and internal audits.
- Ensure that the programme office meets all statutory, regulatory and grant compliance requirements, and the financial policies and procedures are followed as per the organisational guidelines and expectations.
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant with strong accounting, financial management, financial planning, reporting & MsExcel skills.
- At least 2 years of experience in a financial management role overseas, with experience in a humanitarian context highly desirable.
- Experience of developing controls, policies and procedures and risk management in a complex environment.
- Experience of interpreting and implementing donor/grants requirements.
- Excellent analytical and IT skills, able to critically review complex financial data.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable experience of managing a team, and working effectively with finance and non-finance staff.
- Resilient and culturally sensitive, willing to live and work in a challenging environment.