Regional Officer (Southern Africa Region)
- Post Date:May 31, 2022
- Views 313
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Job number: S01538
Contract Type: Employee
Closing date: 31-May-2022
Duty Station: Harare
Duration: 12 months
The purpose of this post is to ensure that the Head of Region and Country Cluster Manager for Southern Africa are effectively resourced from the BRC Regional Office in Harare in delivering Regional and Country Strategies respectively. This includes support to the regional team with monitoring and reporting, relationships and engagement across key internal and external stakeholders and support to regional partnerships.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, monitor, and keep updated all Southern Africa projects through the Project Cycle Management (PCM) processes e.g., Completing concept notes and design documents, uploading quarterly reports, and supporting with evaluations etc.
- Supporting the Southern Africa Country Manager to undertake effective programme and administrative management.
- Ensuring BRC’s commitments on value for money and community engagement and accountability.
- Manage, monitor, and keep updated all Southern Africa Stakeholders through the PCM process e.g., supporting with partnership reviews, due diligences etc.
- Monitor thematic trends and context within areas of responsibility to update both internal and external stakeholders, in both verbal and written formats. E.g., Monitoring emergency situations
- To collect & collate data (both internally and externally), analyse and then communicate information in both verbal and written formats in support of the team’s objectives.
- Maintain relationships with internal partners and stakeholders; representing the Southern Africa team as required.
- Act as the focal point facilitating engagement and information flow between the field and UKO based teams.
- Coordinate with the relevant business partners and departments to ensure appropriate engagement and support for the region and country level programmes.
- Work with the Fundraising and Communications directorates to ensure effective communication of regional activities and messages and successful fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with fundraising and the FCDO team on the development of proposals, budgets, reports and other associated documentation as required.
- Maintain relationships with external partners and stakeholders; representing the Southern Africa team as required. Including IFRC, ICRC, Partner National Societies, Host National Societies, Clusters and Donors.
- To produce, monitor and maintain financial information for the team including quarterly and annual forecasts, ensuring compliance with BRC procedures.
- Provide support to the Head of Region in the development, monitoring and reporting of regional action plans and the international directorate strategy.
- Work with Disaster Management Coordinators, Emergencies and Technical Advisory teams to ensure good flow of information and facilitate timely decision-making, especially in the case of disaster and crisis response in the region.
- Higher level academic qualification (degree level or equivalent work experience)
- A qualification in or knowledge of project management
- Experience of compiling and summarising materials for a variety of audiences.
- Experience in project or programme management
- Experience of working or volunteering in humanitarian or international development contexts, either within programmes or policy.
- Experience in proposal, logframe and budget development, report writing and other project documentation.
- Working with remote teams
- Experience of working with FCDO, DEC and other donors
- Experience with programme evaluations
- Experience with partnership management
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- An understanding of the international humanitarian system or international development context
- An understanding of the regional context
- Ability to capture and analyse large amounts of information
- Proven research, drafting and editing skills and able to write for a variety of audiences
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills, including attention to detail and maintaining up-to-date and accurate records
- Excellent IT skills, including all basic MS office packages
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Specific knowledge of the country or programme / technical area.
- Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
Competencies and Values
- Seeking Insight – Level 2 Investigates and Analyses Information
- Embracing and leading change – Level 2 Promotes constructive change
- Working Collaboratively – Level 2 Pro-actively builds collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Communicating and influencing – Level 3 Takes multiple steps to communicate and influence
- Solution focused – Level 2 Sees multiple connections
- Upholds the fundamental principles and acts with integrity, in accordance with the Society’s values (inclusive, compassionate, courageous and dynamic).
- Ensures inclusive practice and promotes diversity
- Willingness to work out of office hours when necessary
- Ability to travel within the region up to approximately four times a year.