Research and Development Officer
- Post Date:February 15, 2023
- Views 493
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
A great opportunity to be at the forefront of shaping a critical development sector, making a real difference marketing and trading of commodities in Zimbabwe, and working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
A position has arisen at the Zimbabwe Mercantile Exchange (ZMX), to be filled by a Research and Development Officer. The Zimbabwe Mercantile exchange operates a commodity based
warehouse receipt system and offers a trading platform for agricultural commodities.
Job Description and responsibilities
- Facilitate the collection and analysis of prices and price forecasting;
- Regularly and timely compile going market prices at major markets for use by management;
- Compile and distribute daily, weekly and monthly trading reports;
- Organise and facilitate exchange of information through workshops;
- Attend all relevant local, regional and international meetings as may be required and delegated by Management;
- Build an effective working relationship with all relevant stakeholders involved in the livelihoods sector.
- Provide technical input into programme risk management and monitoring, focusing on results and impact.
- Lead on ZMX’S Warehouse receipt system, trading and agriculture sector situation analysis.
- Manage ZMX’s integrated database to secure buy in from all relevant stakeholders;
- Make the necessary mathematical conversions accurately using appropriate arithmetic operations as instructed.
Mandatory Qualifications, Personal Qualities, Skills, Experience and Competencies Required (Person Specification)
- A BSc degree, or equivalent level of academic and professional experience in a discipline relevant to agriculture, agricultural economics, rural development and livelihoods;
- At least 1 years’ experience of working in Zimbabwe or a similar context, on livelihoods/agriculture, markets and food security is an added advantage;
- The ability to deliver quality work on time in a complex environment;
- Technical and programming experience of instruments that can be used to build them, building markets and providing access to financial services;
- Ability to collect, review and evaluate market data to produce statistical analysis and report trends
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to confidently engage in policy and strategy discussions;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, and experience of producing high quality briefings;
- Demonstration of effective team-working and the capacity to develop strong working relationships within management and internal colleagues;
Remuneration: A competitive salary and benefits will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Please send your detailed CV to [email protected] by close of business 16 February 2023.