- Post Date:March 23, 2022
- Views 359
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zimbabwe Technical Assistance, Training and Education Center for Health (Zim-TTECH) is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Research Assistant. The position will be based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. Zim-TTECH is implementing the DREAMS program in four districts in Matebeleland North province. Zim-TTECH also supports Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The Research Assistant will have overall responsibility of performing research activities on a study of the Impact of Tuberculosis Preventive Therapy on TB Incidence and Mortality among People Living with HIV (PLHIV) in Zimbabwe (PROTECT project). The Research Assistant will assist the Principal Investigator (PI) and co-investigators in coordination of day-to-day functions and activities of the study.
- Facilitate the coordination of all IRB applications and ensuring proper implementation of the study protocol and in line with the work plan;
- Communicate and collaborate with other co-investigators and stakeholders to necessitate smooth running of the project;
- Organize study related conference calls and host local and international investigators;
- Support high quality and timely delivery on all contractual and study related obligations in line with the approved study budget;
- Work with the country-based co-investigators, Principal Investigator, administration, logistics and finance departments of Zim-TTECH to support and provide guidance on the administration of compliance, financial and other related aspects of the study;
- Ensure that the study is on time and on budget in collaboration with the PI as well as the finance team;
- Work closely with facility staff and district focal persons to enable proper implementation of the project;
- Coordinate training of facility staff and District Focal Persons on TPT and data entry to TPT module;
- Ensure that TPT and TB data entered in the electronic health systems are complete and robust;
- Conduct monthly analysis of E-HR reports to ensure completeness of ART, TPT, and TB data in the electronic data collection systems (ePMS and E-HR) at study sites and implement procedures to ensure that missing data are captured;
- Participate in monthly data quality assessments to ensure completeness of TPT & TB data in electronic data collection systems;
- Participate in study meetings and compile reports on issues pertinent to the study and ensure all recommendations are implemented;
- Facilitate extraction of specific project data from the electronic data collection systems at study sites and build project database;
- Participate in data cleaning data and prepare project database for data analysis;
- Consolidate and share weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and updates with stakeholders, solicit feedback, and share lessons learned;
- Perform any other necessary duties as assigned according to study demands and requirements.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A degree in Nursing, Project management, Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Master’s degree with major courses in the field of research is an added advantage;
- Experience in TB / HIV study implementation or coordination;
- Knowledge of protocol adherence is a must;
- Strong management, analytical and report writing skills;
- Organizational skills to accurately report data;
- Experience of managing confidential patient records;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to The Human Resources Manager to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Deadline: 25 March 2022