- Post Date:January 18, 2023
- Views 421
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
An exciting opportunity has risen for suitably qualified and self-driven individuals in a diversified conglomerate. The successful candidates will be responsible for driving business performance by providing administrative, budgeting, and financial and management reporting support in the Finance Department through the production of the company’s financial reports and the fulfillment of other obligations such as tax and statutory reporting to satisfy stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of general ledgers, ensure all processing for the month is done within precirculated reporting deadlines for the month, quarter, half year, and year-end
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of noncompliance.
- Take a lead role in preparation and review of allocated entities audit files in line with the organizations set standards.
- Consolidate and report on input from the Finance Department team members for onward consumption for the Finance Manager.
- Supervise the entry of accounting data in the relevant manual registers, computer databases or systems.
- Produce timely, accurate, and relevant monthly management accounts information including commentary on significant areas and variances from budgets.
- Recommend, maintain, and constantly review a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over management accounting activities.
- Take a lead role in the preparation and presentation of year-end financial statements.
- Ensure that all tax and regulatory reporting requirements are met within the stipulated timelines.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
The ideal person must possess the following:
- Degree in Accounting from a reputable institution.
- Full CA/ACCA/CIS
- 5 years’ experience in an accounting role.
- Experience in consolidating financial and management reports is an added advantage.
Candidates who possess the qualifications and experience should send their detailed CVs to [email protected] with the title Senior Accountant in the subject line no later than Thursday 19 January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.