Senior Audit Manager
- Post Date:November 22, 2022
- Views 399
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Banking
Job Family: Risk, Audit and Compliance
Career Stream: Auditing
Leadership Pipeline: Manage Managers
To conduct portfolio audits and manage stakeholder relationships to ensure risk is mitigated in accordance with Nedbank standards.
- Execute audit assignment planning, fieldwork, and reporting in line with the Group Internal Audit (GIA)methodology and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Provide independent assurance to the Audit Committee that business is adequately mitigating key strategic and operational risks.
- Assess and understand business systems, processes, tools, methodologies, and templates, within audit scope.
- Identify and assess the design adequacy and operational effectiveness of controls within audit scope.
- Attend monthly MANCO meetings and present the Audit report .
- Be commercially minded and understand the broader business strategy in auditing approach.
- Manage allocated billable hours in line with Audit plan.
- Act as a trusted business advisor through providing audit insights in line with audit methodology.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships through regular scheduled engagements.
- Build sound professional relationships through addressing client concerns.
- Influence stakeholders to address inefficiencies in resolving audit findings through utilizing professional experience in demonstrating benefits of best audit practice.
- Partner with stakeholders in providing regular audit progress updates and timeous reporting of key audit findings.
- Ensure client centricity in audit engagements with stakeholders.
- Ensure GIA policies and principles are maintained and applied through the audit process.
- Identify and ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines in line with audit scope.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the quality of audits through providing professional insights.
- Prepare quality, relevant and commercially astute assignment, and reports.
- Analyse and interrogate client processes, evidence, and verbal information independently.
- Apply professional judgement in all audit interactions.
- Apply experience and best practice into audit discussions and work performed.
- Deal with complex verbal and documented information and data in the audit process.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives, and values.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g., staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models, and systems though agile thinking
- Accounting Degree
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
Minimum Experience Level
- Minimum 5 – 7 years business experience in the financial services industry with internal auditing/risk management experience of which 3 years must include people management experience.
- 4-5 years Specialist Auditing
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Accounting standards
- Change management
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Strategic planning
- Institute of Internal Auditors standards
- Code of Ethics
- Building Partnerships
- Earning Trust
- Driving for Results