Senior Business Development
- Post Date:August 24, 2022
- Views 383
- Career Level ExecutiveQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Business
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Job Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: R-009905
- Responsible for establishing various lines of business for Puma Zimbabwe, accountable to the Country GM for developing strategy for growth
- Help grow the business in Zimbabwe by identifying new business opportunities, ether by acquisition, by growth of existing business or by diversification.
- Drive execution strategies: Plan, build, develop, start up and lead the segment to deliver agreed business objectives and KPIs
- Manage specific growth projects in Zimbabwe.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the business to achieve short and long term financial and operating objectives as set by the overall corporate business plan. Support the GM in the growth of the country in general and on specific projects as agreed.
- Initiate specific projects related to the growth and improved efficiencies of the Puma business within Retail, NFI, B2B, new energies activities.
- Drive Country business strategy to factor in complete and clear objectives and scope, client consultation and acceptance, communication and information sharing, project development, price evaluation and financing scheme, and risk management of these new activities.
- Work with country GM to define and execute the growth plan. Design effective channels and routes to market strategies. Monitor performance of each segment, manage issues and ensure targets are met.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage the most complex or strategically important business opportunities, for example sales, projects, consulting engagements, partnerships, alliances that shall contribute to the company’s short and long-term business goals.
- Provides overall advice to management by analysing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analysing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer-focused environment.
- Research market and coordinate the generation of new business relationships to enhance company’s revenues and profits. Evaluate the findings of market research or analysis projects; assess the viability of alternative opportunities, and present recommendations to management. Establish high level, significant relationships with potential clients, customers, partners, key decision-makers, and industry leaders to promote the company’s products and services.
- Handle larger projects, negotiations and contracts to assist company business development activities. Exercise independent judgment in determining new business courses of action.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s principles, policies and local laws
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Post-graduate degree in operational management or business administration.
- 10 years’ experience working at a senior level within organizations that have portfolios that may include LPG, retail, aviation, lubricants and B2B operations.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good level in English written and speak
- Networking and marketing skills – Marketing diploma preferable, or equivalent relevant experience in FMCG business
- Customer identification and prospecting – Must understand PUMA’s core business activities and apply this knowledge in gaining new potential customers.
- Customer Focus
- Lead by Example
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal & External Stakeholders