Senior Health Expert – Co-ordination and Health Systems Strengthening (Local Consultant)
- Post Date:August 13, 2022
- Views 292
- Career Level ConsultantQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 15+ Years
- Industry Health Care
SECTOR: Health Logistics
FULL TIME/ PART TIME: Full Time
CLOSING DATE: 14-Aug-2022
About the role
Crown Agents in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) is looking for a senior health expert – “Coordination and Health Systems Strengthening.”
The Senior Health Expert will be responsible for:
- Coordination and Monitoring & Evaluation
- Information and Documentation
- Develop program planning calendar and guide the planning engagement processes
- Support capacity building of MOHCC to support planning at national and subnational levels.
- Engages with MOHCC policy and planning, Development Partners, UN, Community Health groups
- Ensures activities related to gender and women’s health are coordinated and aligned with the Team Europe Initiative on Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equality and the Spotlight initiative.
- Ensures activities are well coordinated with the Global Fund to fight HIV, TB, Malaria; the Global Financing Facility (GFF) and health projects funded by other donors e.g. USAID
- Finance and Administration
- Day-to-day financial management support to the MoHCC Department of Finance, and over-sight to ensure compliance to program objectives, donor requirements and overall fiduciary fidelity .
- Masters’ Degree or equivalent Masters in a relevant technical area (e.g., in Public Health/ epidemiology; Economic; Public Policy with a focus on Health Systems Strengthening; or other related relevant field to the TOR.
- At least 15 years’ work experience with governments institutions or donors or, non- governmental organizations/, civil society and government institutions including demonstrated significant experience in public health or public administration at senior level.
- A comprehensive understanding of health systems and policy issues globally and in Zimbabwe.
- Excellent English writing skills and fluency (e.g., ability to communicate technical issues to non-experts and communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical skills including ability to analyse economic, epidemiological and health data to inform recommendations and decisions.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will always promote diversity for all candidates as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications, and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer: Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package
How to apply
Crown Agents calls upon all individual consultants to submit their CVs and expression of interest via email to: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 14 August, 2022
Please note that applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.