SOYCSR Consultant Researcher
- Post Date:December 20, 2022
- Views 414
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Closing date: 6 January 2023
About Restless Development
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation
We are looking for a passionate young feminist researcher to design and coordinate the research for our upcoming State of Youth Civil Society Report ‘Feminist and Fearless: Holding the Line’.
The State of Youth Civil Society Report is an annual global, youth-led publication that explores the new realities that youth civil society and social movements are experiencing. The 2023 report will explore the role of young feminist organisations and collectives in challenging rising authoritarianism and democratic backsliding in their countries. The report will spotlight the creative strategies and resistance from feminist youth movements, and how young people are pushing back against harmful ideologies and the shrinking civic space.
As the lead research consultant for this report you will have an opportunity to connect and collaborate with powerful and inspiring young feminists, youth organisations and movements around the world, to understand the biggest issues impacting feminist youth movements who are at the frontlines of democratic struggles.
NOTE: While this is a consultancy role, Restless Development is open to the possibility of this role transitioning to a more permanent position within the agency to deliver on our global Gender and Sexual Rights priority area – subject to budget availability.
- Experience conducting a global research report that uses participatory and creative methodologies
- Identify as a young feminist and has had previous engagement with or participation in feminist youth movements
- Strongly collaborative approach and is comfortable working with different partners
- Ability to effectively tailor and communicate research findings to different audiences
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Experience of supporting young people to have a voice / exercise their democratic rights
- Additional excellent written and spoken language (preferably Arabic, French, Hindi or Spanish)
How to apply
Please submit your application/proposal to us including:
- Cover letter explaining suitability for the assignment and delivery approach.
- A work plan covering the above deliverables, the approach and timeframe.
- CV or profile of lead consultant including a list of similar assignments.
- 2 Referees (preferably previous client/supervisor) – please supply their contact details (name, email, phone).
- Fee rate for completing the deliverables.
Please submit proposals to [email protected]
Please submit your proposal by 6th January 2023.