Strata Control Officer
- Post Date:December 28, 2022
- Views 962
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Mining
Unki Mines (Private) Limited, has an exciting position for a Strata Control Officer who is responsible for assisting the Chief Rock Engineer with strata control issues and the achievement of optimum Rock Engineering standards.
We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
- Knowledge of mining methods and sequencing for extracting the ore bodies and scrutinising sizes and shapes of excavations.
- Assessment of safety risks
- Able to assess Ground condition making use of appropriate rating systems
- Able to evaluate and record ground movement as a result of mining operations
- Document recommendation in report
- Understands suitable support methods and material for underground excavations.
- Use of computer programs (2D) for mine simulation, thereby assisting the Rock Mechanic with layouts of mine plans
- Expected to be informed of the latest developments in strata control e.g. development support, blasting techniques etc.
- Create short interval plans
- Maintain technical standards
- Training in Strata Control to production personnel
- Carry out panel rating & routine ground monitoring processes.
- Install and monitor instruments
- QA/QC on support installation
- Degree/Diploma in Mining Engineering/Geology
- Strata Control Certificate an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in rock engineering/mining environment.
- Mining experience sufficient to enable him to fulfil the role
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 30 December 2022