- Post Date:November 26, 2022
- Views 682
- Career Level ClerkQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Banking
Business Unit: Banking Operations & Process Optimisation
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Treasury Operations
Vacancy Manager: Assistant Manager: Swift
Purpose of the job
- Work closely with Treasury Back office, International Banking, CIB and Compliance Department to ensure optimum efficiency and satisfactory turnaround times of all SWIFT messages.
- Adhering to department Service Level Agreement.
Main Focus Areas
- Efficient capturing of messages in SWIFT Alliance LITE 2 and SWIFT ONLINE within prescribed time, filling in all required fields, correct addresses, amounts and commendable layout.
- Capturing of data in FCUBS and Perago systems.
- Ensuring outgoing Telegraphic Transfer (TT) confirmations are periodically sent to internal clients.
- Have knowledge of various message categories in SWIFT.
- Meeting all deadlines and value dates.
- Distribution of incoming TT messages to respective departments.
- Attending to queries and ensuring that there are resolved.
- Adhering to SWIFT regulations.
- Ensuring that all outgoing messages are recorded and reconciled.
- Reduction of operational losses through minimising error rate.
- Any other duties assigned by superiors.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Relevant tertiary education in Accounting, Finance and Banking and Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Operations Department.
- Excellent knowledge of processes and procedures, specifically within a banking or treasury operation environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft packages.
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be methodical and must be able to focus attention to detail.
- Positive attitude
- Customer service mentality
- Efficient time management
- Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done
- Confident and resilient
- Excellent communicator and motivator
- Ability to understand and meet internal business needs
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent listening skills
Job Related Knowledge
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for the country banking system.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to: [email protected] with the Heading: “Swift Clerk” attaching all academic certificates and transcripts
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date:28 November 2022 16:30 hrs.