Technical Director - USAID OVC Project
- Post Date:March 19, 2022
- Views 364
- Career Level DirectorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Bantwana Zimbabwe (BZ) seeks an experienced candidate for the role of Technical Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project to reduce the vulnerability of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) to HIV and GBV. BZ is a leader in the development of high quality, comprehensive OVC service delivery in high HIV prevalence districts in Zimbabwe. BZ brings a significant track record of excellence and innovation in improving access to and quality of integrated OVC care and support, with a particular focus on strengthening coordination and layering of care, protection and support services across the HIV continuum of response, for vulnerable children and their caregivers at community, district, provincial and national levels.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Technical Director will provide technical leadership and managerial oversight of the project implementation, including supervision and coordination of project staff and partners and collaboration with government and other organizations and stakeholders, to ensure effective service delivery to OVC, AGYW and their families. The selection of the applicant is subject to USAID approval. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and direction to the project in alignment with PEPFAR Technical Guidelines and Zimbabwe’s COP, project objectives, technical standards and best practices, and global evidence;
- Strategize and lead programming efforts to improve comprehensive service delivery to OVC and AGYW and their families, ensuring program quality and responsiveness to emerging needs;
- Provide technical supervision and oversight of program implementation in target districts in coordination with consortium partners and key stakeholders;
- Liaise with government, NGO and private sector partners and stakeholders in the interest of the project;
- Keep abreast of research and policy developments to inform program strategy;
- Develop high-quality technical reports and deliverables for timely submission to USAID;
- Participate in sound overall management of project implementation, in coordination with other senior team members (e.g Finance Director, SIE Director) and leadership, and to ensure project compliance with donor requirements, policies, and regulations, including for child safeguarding.
- Master’s degree in public health, social work, education, or a related field required;
- At least eight years of management experience on OVC or community – based public health programs funded by USAID or other USG donors;
- At least ten years of USAID / PEPFAR or other programming experience for OVC and AGYW, with expertise in improving HIV outcomes for OVC and AGYW across the HIV continuum of care, and at least two of the following areas: HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support; social and child protection; system strengthening; gender; psychosocial support; economic strengthening; positive parenting; nutrition; and education and early childhood development;
- Demonstrated skills in planning, program management, implementation, and monitoring for impact;
- Experience supervising program staff and managing partners;
- Experience collaborating with government institutions, especially the Ministry of Public Service, Labor and Social Welfare, from national to district level, as well as with other community and NGO stakeholders;
- Demonstrated strong managerial, analytical, and interpersonal written, and verbal communication skills in English, including for oral presentations;
- Familiarity with the Zimbabwean operating environment and national strategic plans and policies;
- Fluency in local languages a plus; Zimbabwean nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) or alternatively submit applications to [email protected]
The application deadline is 21 March 2022.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.